How to positively charge your mind
I’m Caleb and I’m lucky to be alive. Because of the dozens of people who saved me and rehabilitated me after my traumatic brain injury, I lead a happy and healthy life. My secret? A positively charged mind. Here are the three steps to having a positively charged mind.
1. Take care of your brain
A healthy brain will help you have a healthy and happy life.
- Eat healthy brain food like broccoli, blueberries, and leafy greens
- Get out and exercise
- Make sure to get enough sleep
- Work with your doctor to treat your physical and mental health.
2. Develop a positive mindset
The next step to a positively charged mind is to have a positive mindset. Positive thoughts create positive feelings. Positive feelings lead you to positive actions. Don’t let negative thoughts hold you back. Try these strategies:
- Share happiness with others
- Find humor when things go wrong
- Turn failures into lessons
- Focus on the present
- Try mindful meditation
- Surround yourself with positive people
- Turn irrational, fearful thoughts into good ones by thinking of the things that could go right instead of the things that could go wrong
- Smile more
- Do nice things for others, even if you don’t feel like it
- Avoid over thinking and comparing yourself to others
3. Say ‘Thank you’
One of the best ways to have a positive mindset is to say thank you.
- Keep a gratitude journal
- Find people who helped you and let them know how much it meant to you
- Find things to be thankful for even during hard times
- Make a nightly list of things you are grateful for
- List the things you have
- List things you have achieved in the last year
Gratitude can affect your body in many ways. It can make your body stronger and more capable of fighting off sickness. Gratitude can reduce stress hormones and can improve your quality of sleep. Gratitude can even decrease blood pressure.